Paranoid Android
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Learning the bass.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chumpnming

Pablo Honey
Pablo Honey

Learning the bass. Empty
PostSubject: Learning the bass.   Learning the bass. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:42 pm

I would really like to learn to the Bass guitar.
Is it easy to learn? I'm also left handed and know a professional bass player is also left handed. I may give him a call and see what he recommends.
I am hopefully going to buy one in the next 2-3 months. I would really love to play Colin's basslines.

Last edited by chumpnming on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Huntingbears93
Huntingbears93
Pablo Honey
Pablo Honey

Learning the bass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning the bass.   Learning the bass. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Its easy to play if you know how to keep rhythms and time signatures. You should play with your fingers (colin does) and get hard skin on your fingertips. Ive been playing guitar since 2006 and bass guitar since 2008.
Back to top Go down
chumpnming

Pablo Honey
Pablo Honey

Learning the bass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning the bass.   Learning the bass. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Awesome thanks! I don't think I would play bass with a pick anyway. I would only do that if I was doing a joy division song.
What first bass do you recommend? I was thinking about going for a Squier P Bass, Epiphone Voila or a Fleabass.
Back to top Go down
Huntingbears93
Huntingbears93
Pablo Honey
Pablo Honey

Learning the bass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning the bass.   Learning the bass. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Squier P Bass is a good beginner bass and easier to handle then the Fleabass, would recommend to buy either a Squier P Bass or Squier J Bass.
Back to top Go down
chumpnming

Pablo Honey
Pablo Honey

Learning the bass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning the bass.   Learning the bass. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Awesome thanks! Will probably go for a Squier P bass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Learning the bass. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning the bass.   Learning the bass. Empty

Back to top Go down

Learning the bass.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paranoid Android :: Community :: Musicians-